Sunday, May 20, 2007

In less than 24 hours I will be on a plane to AFRICA! I can honestly say, after a year of planning this, I really never thought this day was actually going to come. I'm excited and terrified... and yet, it still doesn't seem real. I'm hoping once I step off the plane I'll start believing it.
This trip took an unbelievable amount of planning; there were so many random details... and shopping trips. And I couldnt have done it without my mom's help, so mom (since you're probably one of the only ones reading this) thank you!
I don't know how often I will get to post on here, but any chance I get I will put up pictures and tell you what I've been doing. Please keep me in your prayers!

3 comments:

Heidi Fisher said...

Hi Devri,
Sheena is going to link to your blog from the Bill Jordan Wildlife Defense Fund website. We are so excited for you to be in Kenya and we know that Asgar is going to be an amazing travel guide and friend. We'll tell everyone at LTPC that you have a blog so that they can keep up with you. Did you post your blogsite on your facebook page? We hope you were able to get to sleep at Asgar's. I'm sure that you'll find some good coffee to help you wake up tomorrow. I did e-mail Jane directly and sent you a copy of my e-mail. I hope it included her address, jane@...(same as the others) Be sure to tell us what your various Swahili words mean, including Safari njema. We love you. Mom

aubrey said...

Hey Devri,
Ahhh I am so excited for you! The streets of Kenya sounds insane,I am glad I'm not learning to drive there. Make sure to tell me some new words you learn =] I put your blog site in my info on AIM so all my friends can see. I'm sooo glad that you arrived safely, I hope you get some sleep, and then some coffee. Haha I love you. God bless. <3aubrey

naphtali_deer said...

Hi Devri,

Your Mom just sent LTPC the link, so I suspect you'll have others following your adventures and praying for you.

A friend of mine sent me excerpts from Psalm 116 before I took a trip to Atlanta last month, so I'm going to do the same for you:

"Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful."

"I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living."

Walk with HIM in Kenya. : )

Praying to HIM in the U.S.,
Karen